Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Kotas Reviews Blueberry Pie Oreos

I wish I could quit you Nabisco. You've done me some bad turns in the past, and you think that simply by coming out with new flavors you can win me back? Well, I'm not falling for it this time! I know your tricks! You took away my beloved Easy Open package, and you've constantly reduced the size of the Limited Edition packages in a naked grab for more money. Not this time! A Line Must Be Drawn! Wait, you did Blueberry Pie? I knew you'd changed! Let's take a look at...Blueberry Pie Oreos!


You DO Care!
Well, you all knew this was gonna happen. As soon as they come out with something reasonably interesting, all the sins of the past are forgotten. I've always loved pie, in its myriad of forms both savory and sweet, portable and plate worthy. I suppose that pie flavors were inevitable really, though I wonder what separates these from simple Blueberry Oreos. The packaging though is fantastic, with a big succulent pie just letting it all hang out for you. I guess there is also a picture of the cookie. Let's open this sucker up!

Definitely blueberry colored.
Not a lot of surprises here. I still shake a fist at the loss of my easy open packaging (which weirdly returned a few flavors ago but is gone again, like my dreams of wearing size 38 pants), but the cookies themselves? Solid. The cookie itself is the vanilla type, and the creame inside is nicely purplish blue, almost like an actual blueberry was smashed in there. Passes the twist off test with flying colors. But how about that taste test?

Ya know? It's pretty darn good! Nice artificial blueberry flavor, and the vanilla cookie pairs well with it. Pretty nom worthy if you like blueberry stuff that is made in a factory. It's not very pie-like, but I suppose we do what we can. 

On the FACE Rating System, these get one Smiley face. Tasty if you like artificial blueberry, but I'm not going out of my way to buy them in bulk, not at that price. A lot of these limited edition cookies just aren't good enough to justify their price, even if they are pretty tasty. Definitely try, but only stock up if you catch them on sale. Or if you don't mind a lack of pie in your blueberry pie cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment